Train Travel Hints
Hints To Passengers
1. Please do not crowd near the Booking Office windows, it will only delay the issuing of tickets.
2. Please handover the exact amount due on your ticket at the Booking Office counter, this will result in less delay in the issuing of tickets.
3. Be at the station at least 15 minutes before the arrival of your train.
4. Never enter a platform or board a railway carriage without first providing yourself with the ticket.
5. Always make sure that the tickets and balance change handed over to you is correct before leaving the ticket counter.
6. Please do not attempt to board a train while it is in motion, wait until it has stopped completely.
7. Please have your tickets in readiness for examination or collection, and when requested please show your ticket to railway officers empowered to examine or collect your tickets. They are only trying to take away those who do not have any tickets to enable you to be more comfortable in your journey.
8. Please be vigilant about your valuables, luggage and any seemingly innocent looking parcel that may lie in the train or platform without owners. The ownerless parcel may be an explosive device.
9. Do not accept parcels given by strangers for safekeeping nor partake any foods given by them.
10. Please be civil and obliging to other fellow passengers, especially to elderly people, children and pregnant mothers.
11. Never cross the railway track at a station where an overhead bridge or underground subway is provided, unless you are permitted by the Station Master to do so.
12. Please place your luggage on the overhead rack or under the seats of your compartment to keep corridors and pathways clear.
13. Passengers are advised in their own interest to bring to the notice of the Head Guard of the train or Station Master if at a station, about any dubious persons on the train.
14. Be considerate towards your fellow passengers. Avoid smoking, drinking, gambling, or creating noisy scenes and being a nuisance to others.
15. Lighted matchsticks and cigarette ends should be extinguished before being thrown away.